I have to rave for a minute about my evening. It's a Tuesday, Tuesday March 10th to be exact. The year of the Ox is flying by and it has had a rocky start. The longer I live in NYC, the more I learn about who I am, who I want to be, and what an interesting road that is going to be. The past couple of months I've been questioning what I'm doing here, whether I truly belong, and if any of it makes any sense. Tonight renewed my sense of why it is that I moved here to begin with.

The day started out much like any other - the trains were actually running somewhat good fashion & it only took me the usual 50 minutes to go from home to work. While I had packed my own lunch, I decided to go with a coworker to try some Indian food which I still have little experience with. The day progressed with its same-old routine, nothing exciting, nothing extraordinary.

A friend of mine had previously told me about this restaurant that pairs beer with a three-course meal, all for a low $40 per person. Now around here, $40 is extremely reasonable, so we planned to go. Tonight was said planned evening. Let me take a side note & rave about this place for a moment....



Beer Table, located in Park Slope has an excellent selection of unusual beers, to compliment any mood and taste. Located along 7th Avenue, the cozy bar is the perfect place to meet for drinks, or on a Tuesday night for the beer/dinner pairing. The food was amazing, my companions & I were able to try new beers & bourbon, & the staff was well educated & very friendly. Today's menu:


Today's Drafts:



Schlenkerla Fastenbier
BFM Abbaye de St. Bon Chien '07
Pennichuck Pompier
Casks:
Hanssens Kriek
Uerige Sticke



Beer By the Glass:



Birrificio Italiano Cassissona
Baladin Al-Iksir
BFM Abbaye de St. Bon Chien Pinot Noir Barrel
BFM Abbaye de St. Bon Chien Bourbon Barrel



Tuesday Night Dinner, 5-11 PM, 3 courses for $25, beer pairings for $15, Tuesday, March 10th, 2009



Pork, tomato and chili dipping sauce
Smoked pork with spiced eggplant
Fried bananas



This evening, complete with trying new beers (which if you know me at all you know I am a HUGE beer fan!), was exactly what I needed. As I said goodnight & my companions & I went our separate directions, I couldn't help but smile & realize how much I love living here. I know I grow frustrated at some aspects of the situation, & find myself constantly questioning if I made a wrong choice along the way, but when push comes to shove, there is no where I would want to be more.

Although that said...... I would love it if money wasn't such an issue & I could live in a more "happening" area & have the time/money for luxurious evenings out on a regular basis. New York has so much to offer, & too often that overwhelming sense of "TO DO" clouds my love for where I am right now. There is no better place to be, at this exact moment, in my life.

Comments

Popular Posts