Get up off of that thing, RUN & you'll feel better


Yesterday our company participated in the American Heart Association 5K run. Now, I know some people don't consider a 5K run to be that much of an accomplishment (yes, I'm talking to all you marathon runners out there!), but as it was my first time running outside in quite a long time, & my first race I've participated in since high school, I was excited! Since I knew I wouldn't be able to run the entire 5K, I started off in the walkers, running as soon as I could clear out some room. Next year, I will definitely start out with the runners! I actually would have done ok in the run, placing before some of our team members who were in the running section. So next year, that's the first change I want to make.

Running the 5K made me determined to set a new goal. Next time I run a 5K, I want to do it in under 30 minutes, & run the entire race. This time I walked/ran (with too much walking), & finished in 34 minutes. I think if I work on being able to run the entire course, it will be easy to shave the 4 minutes off. Besides, that would put me into pretty good shape, all things considered!

After the race was over, a coworker & I decided to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge to get home. The walk was beautiful, & after the run it was the perfect way to unwind. The weather was close to perfect for the whole evening (about 65F with a little bit of a breeze & decent humidity). And how can you not absolutely love doing something as exciting as running a race around Wall Street, finishing past Battery Park, & then completing the evening by walking the Brooklyn Bridge? All in all, this night definitely will make my top 20 list for the year.

Comments

Popular Posts