Premonitions of a Past

Wow, so life is definitely taking a new direction!  Although I'm not thrilled about it, I have been packing my bags & will be leaving NYC, in less than a week!!!

Parts of me feel very thrilled/excited/hopeful to be starting out on a lifelong ambition, while other parts of me are discouraged/angry/frustrated that to do so requires leaving New York.  Although that's not 100% true.  I could have stayed in NYC, gone to school part-time while working full time, trying to finish my pre-reqs with no regards to the program it was through.  Instead, I'm trying to do it the "smart" way - moving to Wyoming where the opportunities abound, the rent is cheap, & the beer is even cheaper! :)

One thing that I want to be perfectly clear is that I do not consider this the end of my love affair with the Big Apple.  I have loved this place, from my dreams & from my 144 square foot apartment, & will continue to do so.  New York always has & always will be a part of me.  But so will Wyoming, & it is exciting to think that this time around, I might be able to really appreciate & take advantage of everything that is unique to Wyoming & the West.

My family will be a mere seven hours away, which is closer than they have ever been since the day I graduated high school.  While to me this is still too close for comfort, the University of Wyoming has given me the chance to make my goal of becoming a Veterinarian, into a reality.

For all my friends that I have fallen out of touch with, I hope to reunite with you & get to know your families that I have only met through pictures.  To the people I leave behind in NYC, please stay in touch & know that anytime you want to see Yellowstone, the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, or maybe just me, I would love to show you around my home state.

The next couple weeks are going to be a challenge, readjusting to life in a small town.  At one time in my life, 20,000 people seeemed pretty big.  Now the fact that my apartment is half the price with about five times the space has me wondering, which is worse - being lonely in a crowded city with millions of people around you, or being lonely while driving down a dark highway with only the stars for companions?

Comments

Popular Posts