Thankful Thoughts for Thursday (#6)


As today is Thanksgiving Day, I thought it appropriate to list some of the things that I am thankful for.

I am thankful for my family. They may be miles away, but thanks to technology, I can see & hear from them everyday. I am thankful that I am in good health, with a good state of mind, & a safe place to come home to every night. I am thankful to live in NYC, in my own place, in a great neighborhood. I am thankful for the friends I have, both the ones that have come into my life within the last year, & the ones that even when we don't speak for weeks or months at a time, it is like we haven't missed a day when we do get together. I am thankful that I have a decent job, with great benefits, especially in today's economy. I am thankful that I was able to spend Thanksgiving with a great family, eating wonderful food & enjoying the conversation. I am thankful that tomorrow we can wear casual for work! I am thankful that I get to walk dogs as a volunteer experience. I am thankful that I am a small town girl, but able to live in the city. I am thankful for the way that I was raised & the opportunities I have been given. I am thankful that tomorrow always means more possibilities, more adventures, & more friendships. I am thankful to be able to find familiarity in unfamiliar territory. I am thankful for my nephews, whom I love without reason. I am thankful for being able to have the freedoms I do, & thankful that I can make my own decisions.

There is so much more that I am thankful for, but I think mainly it can be summed up just by saying, I am thankful for all that makes up my life. Here are some additional quotes though that say it better than I can. :)

"When asked if my cup is half-full or half-empty my only response is that I am thankful I have a cup."
Sam Lefkowitz

"Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action."
W. J. Cameron
"Feeling grateful or appreciative of someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things that you appreciate and value into your life."
Northrup Christiane
"We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning."
Albert Barnes
"Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving."
W.T. Purkiser


PS - the art is Norman Rockwell, one of my favorite artists, whom I am also thankful for!

Comments

Popular Posts