When the days feel like weeks

Ahh, got to love school days!  When the alarm clock goes off at 5am, but you delay it for an hour.  And then the only reason you get up is the cat has stolen your pillow, and the dog, who heard you shift trying to take back the pillow, now has her cold, wet nose in your face!  So what do you do?  You get up, start the coffee, prep to take the dog for her morning walk and call it morning.  So what if you have an exam that you are under-prepared for!  Real life doesn't pause for you to have five more minutes of sleep, and its not going to pause for you to have five more minutes of study time.

This semester is going to be a difficult one.  Not that my classes are horrible (well, organic chemistry might be the death of me!), but time-wise I find that every second is filled with something I should be doing.  Emphasis on should.  For those of you that know me well, you know should and are are two completely different things!  Like right now, I should be studying, getting homework done, reading my textbooks, but instead I am writing this wonderful blog!  But in all seriousness, you do have to take some down time for yourself.

I recently posted this quote to my Facebook, but I think it is so fitting that I just want to share it again.

"You only have once to live, but if you do it right, once is enough." Mae West

Comments

Popular Posts