The end (of the semester) is in sight!

Wow, so it has been awhile!  Last time I posted I said I would write more.  Well apparently by that I meant I would be too busy with my pets & school to even remember I have a blog!  But next week is finals, and although I should be overly stressed about it, I feel a sense of calm.  Probably the calm before the storm, so to speak.

Thanksgiving was amazing!  I was able to make it up to Ranchester to spend time with my brother's family.  I adore my nephews, and we had a fantastic time making gingerbread houses and playing.  I can't believe how fast they grow up!  I do have to admit though, I don't know how people do the whole parenting thing 24/7!  I was about played out after the first day, so it was nice when one of the grandparent sets showed up & there was new blood to play with!  Needless to say, the maternal instinct has yet to kick in, which I'm hoping it doesn't do for quite some time!

On that note, I read some interesting articles lately regarding women, pregnancy, etc.  Studies are showing that women with type O blood have a harder time getting pregnant after age 30.  Also, due to the birth control pill, women are increasing the age that they are starting to have children, leading to a dramatic increase in the number of women that need fertility treatment in order to become pregnant and maintain pregnancy.  While I am in huge support of birth control, many women don't consider the fact that putting off having children might lead to more complications down the road.  There is nothing wrong with not wanting children at age 23, but if you are waiting until 33 before having your first child, you might have some serious complications.

I am glad that finals week is here, even though you never seem to be prepared enough for it!  It is bittersweet though as over the past couple weeks a person in one of my classes has caught my attention.  As I won't be in the Animal Science building much next semester (more general classes to get through!), I will just have to see if I see him around!  It's always a weird situation though, being a bit older than the majority of the people in my classes.  With my luck, I'd ask him out and then it would turn out that he's 20!  Pretty sure I almost had that problem earlier this semester.  Sigh.  Nothing like being almost 27 and back in school as an undergrad.  Not old enough to be considered a cougar yet, but old enough it makes for some interesting conversations.

My new year resolutions are actually starting in December this year!  I've already decided that I have two main goals: 1) Start going to the gym again.  Walking my dog just isn't cutting it.  2) Get involved with some of the campus groups and/or volunteer groups around town.  No matter how busy you are, you can always find time to volunteer & I miss doing some of that stuff!  If only it was as easy as the NYCares website!

Hopefully my mom will be coming down for Christmas to Laramie.  I offered to hang around town and work, which I really need the hours, but that means being here pretty much all of my break.  Summer was pretty great staying here though, so maybe over break I'll meet some new people again and expand my network here.  Maybe I'll even finally get my carpets shampooed like I've been wanting to do!  Alright, well I am headed to my organic chemistry review now.  I promise that it won't be another two months before posting.  Definitely once I get my grades & have time to sit down with a beer I'll get some more posts done!

Comments

Popular Posts