A semi-productive day

I love that I was going to blog more now that it is holiday break time, but well, you see, just because school is not in session doesn't mean I don't have way too much work and studying to get done!  Due to me being lazy/procrastinating too much this semester, I semi-screwed my grades.  Instead of getting the A in animal nutrition that I easily could have done with a little more studying for weekly exams, I got a B.  In organic chemistry I was a few points off of having a B.  Its not that my final GPA was anything so terrible as to make me possibly lose a scholarship, but considering I need to get my GPA up over 3.7 before applying to Vet school....

At the end of the semester I talked with my organic professor to find out what to do to prepare for next semester.  While I might kick myself for doing it, I decided to stay with the harder professor rather than try a different professor that has a reputation for her classes being easy.  Basically I was told if you want to learn, take the hard course.  If you want an A, take the other professor.  So I stayed.  I would rather learn the information and be very confident about it, but I have to say my goal is to get a 4.0 next semester.  This means I need to cut back on going out over the weekend, get my studies in gear now, and not let anything or anyone hold me back.

Back to that point I was making earlier about being busy, work is insane right now!  My boss recently found out that I am not supposed to work over 20 hours per week there, as I am a full-time undergraduate student.  Well I sure hope breaks don't count for that because I'm going to be almost double that for this week, not including the weekend!  But its good because I really do need to make some cash.  Life is expensive, and my three spoiled brats think they need food and all that! ;-)

On a side note, I recently discovered that I can apply to Vet school as soon as my pre-requisite courses are complete.  There is no requirement for having a degree of any kind, which could potentially mean applying in one more full year instead of almost three!  It got me on a kick of looking at all the different schools again, which just gets me so excited!  There is still a lot of work to be done, grades to get, GRE to take, but I am one step closer to getting there!  It also means I've been wasting a lot of time looking at different DVM programs and daydreaming.  But we all need a dream and I'm just keeping that dream alive!

Comments

Popular Posts