The countdown begins!

So many firsts today!  First day of the new semester, first day of the new diet, and first time at the campus gym!

So, its the first day of the new semester.  My day began at 6am this morning, as I'm trying to ease back into the whole 5am routine!  After a bitter-cold 25 minute walk with my dog, I decided that was enough for the day.  Later I learned it was -8 degrees out so I didn't feel too bad.  In class by 8am, where I realized there is no amount of preparation that can be done to feel even slightly confident for organic chemistry.  But yet I say, bring it on!!!  It should be an interesting semester, but I have really good feelings and high hopes for it all.

Also, today is the first day of the new diet - Extreme Fat Smash.  When I lived in NYC, I did the regular one, losing a significant amount of weight & re-learning healthier eating habits.  I have kept with a lot of those, well, I had been keeping them, until the end of last semester.  The stress last semester really got to me & I became fairly dependent on frozen meals.  That combined with the only exercise I was getting was walking my dog 30-60 minutes each day had a very negative effect on my waistline!  The extreme version is three weeks, with the option of going shorter or longer to reach your goal.  My goal is 10 lbs, & I am hoping to just do the three weeks, then resume regular healthy eating habits.  My tummy is a bit grouchy with me today, although considering how poor my diet has been previously its understandable!

Last, but not least as it is the true key to success, is the first day at the campus gym!  While I don't mind working out using my DVDs at home, or attempting running when weather permits, it is hard to get enough cardio in without the use of some sort of exercise machine.  My friend Emily is also trying to shed a little unwanted weight for her brother's wedding in June, and so I have a motivated buddy to work out with!  I've never been to this school gym (really horrible considering I've been here a year now), so it is time to break the ice.  I always get really nervous about new places, especially considering its the start of the new year & I don't want to be seen as one of the flakes that will come for the first couple of weeks & then resume their old habits.  I used to enjoy going to the gym almost daily in NYC, and went pretty regularly throughout the first undergrad.  With the pets it is a little harder, or at least they are usually my excuse!

All in all, I think 2011 is going to be a fantastic year.  There are talks of getting started with backpacking trips even by Spring Break, school seems like it will be more in control, & I have such a positive attitude that I can't help but be overly optimistic!

Comments

Popular Posts