I might be trading in the word procrastination for production...

So I know it's only the second day of classes, but I feel off to such a great start!  While procrastination is more like a second language to me, I have been on top of getting this semester started right.  My time at home hasn't been wasted watching pointless dramas on the television!  Instead, I've been cooking, working out, and studying!  For a six plus year student, I should be a little better at this by now!

Last semester I discovered one trick to my chemistry class is recording the lectures.  Then I scribble my notes in class, but review them at home against my recordings.  Brilliant!  It helped me immensely to pass the end of last semester, so I am hoping it really helps this semester.  My goal is a 4.0, which means I need to pull my C grade from last semester's class to an A in this semester's class.  No small task, but I feel confident that I can.  I also learned last semester it pays to go to all review sessions and supplemental instruction, so tomorrow night starts an additional hour given every week.  Top that off with the fact I plan on annoying the crap out of my professor by utilizing him and his office hours to the fullest, well, let's just say I should be able to really work for that A!

Most of my other classes seem to lack the spark for me that organic chemistry II holds.  I still don't understand why I need two semesters of Physics.  The instructor is pompous and not a very good teacher, but at least there is a lot of extra credit and easy homework assignments.  I'm taking a lower level animal science course, which unfortunately looks like will be mostly basics and reviews of other courses I've already taken.  Everyone in the course (all six of us!), are animal science majors, yet the course is designed for non-animal science majors to introduce them to nutrition?!?!, or something like that!  Last but not least is my animal biology class.  This class will be challenging in the amount of memorization of new terms and classification, but probably the most entertaining as well.  The instructors seem above par and excited to teach the course.  Plus, this is the course you get to dissect a fetal pig in!  Yes, I'm the nerd that loved dissections in high school.  Probably a good thing considering what I am getting myself into!

Well, for tonight that is all.  As I need to rise and shine in less than eight hours, it is time to say good night and tuck myself in.

Comments

Popular Posts