apartment hunting, watch out for decoys

So I told my landlord yesterday that I am moving out at the end of this month. Now, it is a little short notice, but let me explain. Starting soon after I moved in, my apartment started flooding everytime it rained. I'm in a basement apartment but it was getting a little ridiculous the amount of water saturating the carpet floors. So by March I was pretty peeved at the whole situation, but decides to talk it out with the landlord rather than make a rash decision. Basically, the short story is that he said he would fix the problem by mid-April, replace the carpets & I would stay until my lease was over in November. Things were fine for awhile, although that might have been due more to the fact that it was summer rather than things being "fixed". Within the past two months, the apartment had three seperate water issues. Making sure I had mentally prepared myself with a long list of reasons as to why I was moving out, I called him to tell him the final line had been crossed. Surprisingly, it actually went well. He just said "ok" & that was that.

Now, I am going through the fun panic that always comes when you realize you are ending living in one place, but haven't figured out yet where you are moving to! As much help as Craigslist gives me, it also hooks me to a lot of scammers which doesn't really help at all. I've always been one of those people that live by the reasoning that everything will just work out. Just because I only have two weeks to find a place & get packed does not mean that I am freaking out! Ok, maybe just a little bit :)

Comments

Popular Posts