Complete Randomness

I love the little moments in life, where you overhear a conversation that you can't help but be pulled into. Such as tonight, when I was riding the train home from work. I had just transferred from one train to another, & was lucky enough to catch a seat inside. As I sit down, two men also sit to occupy the seats just to the side of me. I'm trying to concentrate on my book that I'm reading, but next thing I know, I'm really more into the conversation they are having regarding cats. You see, gentleman A inquired how gentleman B's new kitten was doing. This led to a fairly lengthy conversation regarding the pros/cons of de-clawing your pet. While gentleman B kindly explained many behavioral aspects of the feline to gentleman A, I couldn't help but be drawn in. As a fellow cat owner, the conversation held a somewhat intriguing aspect for me, but mostly I was enjoying listening to the two men converse. Literally, the interaction between the two. Gentleman A would give a story regarding a cat he had growing up, gentleman B would give his opinion on why the cat acted that way, & even though gentleman A didn't quite agree, he respected & listened to the other man's point of view.

Yeah, so maybe the blog can't really sum up what happened. Maybe I can blame it on the lack of sleep & over-abundance of stress that has been dogging me all week, but I really enjoyed listening to them. Tomorrow, I begin the job quest for professional people watcher/listener. Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular Posts