One Year Anniversary

Maybe you can help me sort this out. So I want to figure out when my official anniversary should be. Is it the day that you first meet? Or is it the first day everything becomes "official?" How do you figure all of this out? Plus, what do you do to celebrate your one-year anniversary, if it is still a casual thing?

No, I haven't met "the one" yet. I'm talking about my one-year anniversary of living in New York City!!!! So I moved out here September 29, 2007. That was a Saturday & I was completely naive, excited, & optimistic about the endless possibilities of living in the Big Apple. October 3, 2008 I started working as a temp, staying free of charge at my great family friend Jimmy's amazing pad on the west side. It was an unforgettable experience, staying in this freaking awesome place, on 72nd St right off of Broadway. Needless to say, all of my first experiences in NYC were heightened by the circumstances surrounding me. October 17 (I think this was the day anyways), I started in a temp-to-perm position in a finance-based company. By October 31 I was hired full time & had also found an apartment in Brooklyn to move into.

So this is where my dilemma begins. Do I count September 29th as my anniversary since that is the day I flew into NYC? Or should it be October 17th, when I started the job I currently still hold (another blog to follow on the freak out of holding one job for a solid year!)? OR, should my anniversary be the day it all tied together & became official? October 31st was my official hire date, plus my lease on my apartment started November 1st.

Let me know what you think, but I have decided to just celebrate every day between September 29 through October 31 so that I can't lose. I'm sure this will lead to even more interesting blogs, plus observations about life in general.

PS - I STILL LOVE NEW YORK!!!!!!

Comments

Im Just Serious said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
jenn said…
Sorry Bry - I had to remove the comment due to places mentioned. "The Office" it shall hence forth be referred to

Popular Posts